Welcome to www.ViennaExpats.com! This blog is related to my stay in Vienna and aims at helping other Expats relocating to Austria and settling down...


Highways in Austria

To use the Austrian highway network, you have to pay fee like in some other European countries (e.g. Switzerland). Highway stickers can be bought in most petrol stations. Always carry your driving license, vehicle registration document and certificate of motor insurance.

When entering Austria with a rental car, ensure that you have such a sticker ;-) Austria permits drivers to purchase an "Autobahnvignette" for various periods of time, from ten days to a full year. The so-called Mautvignette (toll sticker) must be affixed to the inside of the front windshield. The stickers come in varying colors in different years, making it easier for the police to spot an invalid Autobahnpickerl, Austrian slang for “autobahn sticker”.

No comments:

Post a Comment